It was my my daughter’s school fete this weekend and we unfortunately couldn’t attend as she had her performing arts school production; so it was a lovely surprise to find that I had won a raffle prize on the school run this morning.
Upon opening it was a lovely flower shaped silicone cupcake mould from The Pampered Chef.
Of course the children were champing at the bit to give it a go so we decided on some red velvet cupcakes with the frosting piped inside so we didn’t ruin the ornate shape of them.
If you fancy giving them a go with or without the mould here is the recipe:
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 185g Self Raising Flour
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 4tsp Red Food Colouring
- 15g Coccoa Powder
- 175g Unsalted Butter
- 125g Full Fat Soft Cheese
- 175g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and then gradually add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Sieve the flour and coccoa powder into the mixture along with the food colouring.
- Mix well and then spread evenly between the cake moulds/cases.
- Place into the preheated oven for around 15mins.
- Place them onto a wire cooling rack whilst you prepare the frosting.
- Cream the better until really soft and then gradually add the cream cheese and icing sugar.
- Place into a piping bag and leave to stand until the cakes are completly cooled.
- Once ready put the spout about a third of the way into the cake and squeeze until a little comes back out.
- They will then be ready to serve.