I posted a picture of my dinner on Instagram the other night and had a lot of my followers ask for the recipe.
It’s a real family favourite and actually the only meal the whole family enjoy. It’s from the ‘Hairy Dieters Eat For Life‘ book which is full of lots of great food that is good for the waistline which is always a bonus!
Spicy Pork And Rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced into wedges
- 500g pork tenderloin cut into 1cm slices
- 50g chorizo sausage cut into 5mm slices
- 2cloves thinly sliced garlic
- 100g green beans trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 red and orange pepper deseeded and sliced
- 750ml chicken stock
In a large frying pan fry the onions until softened and lightly browned. Stirring regularly.
Add the pork to the pan and fry for another 2 mins until browned. Add the chorizo, garlic, peppers, and beans and stir fry together for another 2mins. Sprinkle over the spices and stir in the rice, pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20mins, stirring regularly until the rice has been absorbed and the pork is tender.
We serve ours with a small green salad and sometimes some crusty bread if the children are really hungry.