Who doesn’t have those few browning bananas left in the fruit bowl that nobody really wants but it is always such a shame to throw away.
What better way to use them up than to make a super yummy banana cake that the whole family will enjoy.
I came across this recipe on Cerea’s Kitchen blog and jiggled it around a little so it was also perfect for my little allergy boy too.
- 5 bananas
- 50ml maple syrup
- 130g rolled oats
- 150g wheat free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 75g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 360F or 180C and lightly grease a square baking tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas and add the coconut oil, sugar, vanilla extract, vinegar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Next mix in the oats, flour and baking soda.
- Finally add the mixture to the tin and cake for around 35-40mins.