Who doesn’t have those few browning bananas left in the fruit bowl that nobody really wants but it is always such a shame to throw away.
What better way to use them up than to make a super yummy banana cake that the whole family will enjoy.
I came across this recipe on Cerea’s Kitchen blog and jiggled it around a little so it was also perfect for my little allergy boy too.
- 5 bananas
- 50ml maple syrup
- 130g rolled oats
- 150g wheat free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 75g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 360F or 180C and lightly grease a square baking tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas and add the coconut oil, sugar, vanilla extract, vinegar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Next mix in the oats, flour and baking soda.
- Finally add the mixture to the tin and cake for around 35-40mins.
7 thoughts on “Super Yummy Banana Cake”
It was, I can’t leave it alone!!
I am sure!
This cake ticks all the boxes for me: vegan, refined sugar free, and gluten free too! I have had lots of very ripe bananas lately (they have been so cheap so I’ve been stocking up!), definitely go to make this banana cake 😀
It really is a winner, I couldn’t stop eating it!! X
We love making banana cake! My daughter makes some pretty awaeoms Jamacan Banana muffins too! Thankyou so much for linking up with #kidsinthekitchen again last week, I’m sorry I am late with commenting, the weekend just disappeared! Todays linky is now live (at last!) it would be lovely to have you again x
I’m the same I don’t who where the time goes!!
I love linky up to your great linky and will be back this week x