There is nothing better than a lovely warming cup of hot chocolate and a yummy biscuit with the cold weather in the lead up to Christmas.
I’ve made some pretty biscuits that are allergy friendly and can be balanced on the side of your favourite mug or cup and decorated any way you like.
- 300g Gluten free flour
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 150g dairy free margarine
- 1 egg equivalent of egg replacer
- 2tsp all spice
- 250g icing sugar
- Juice half an orange
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4 whilst lining two large baking trays with greasproof paper.
- Mix together the flour, and sugar and then rub together the butter and egg replacer to make fine breadcrumbs. Leave it in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled roll out onto a floured surface until it is about 1cm thick. Take any festive cutter you like and cut out the shapes. Once out then cut a small rectangle into the bottom of each biscuit slightly larger than the rim of your cup.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes whist mixing the icing sugar and orange juice to make the icing.
- Once the biscuits have been taken out and cooled place your icing into a piping bag and pipe on your design.
- When the icing has set serve on the side of a cup of hot chocolate.