I always like to make something for the children’s teachers at the end of term as the children can then get involved with the whole process and feel really proud when they hand it over to their teacher.
This Christmas we have made some yummy candy cane bark which is so easy to do.
Candy Cane Bark
- 800g white chocolate
- Box of 12 candy canes
- 2tsp peppermint flavouring
- In a bowl bash the candy canes until broken into small pieces.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Add the broken candy canes and peppermint flavouring to the chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking tray lined with greasproof paper and place in the fridge for around 30/40 mins.
- Once hardened break into random pieces.