Along with most people after the indulgences of Christmas, New Year is the perfect time to get healthy eating regimes back on track. In my experience as a personal trainer most people fall off the wagon due to unrealistic goals and being to strict with themselves.
The word diet immediately puts fear into people’s heads and food plans that are not suited to your personal choice means that they stop before they even really begin.
I am a food lover and find that if I keep my meals flavoursome and varied I am much more likely to stick to them.
A favourite in this house is my sticky Asian salmon that we serve with rice noodles and stir fry veg but is equally as yummy with rice or simply on its own.
Sticky Asian Salmon
- 3tbsp runny honey
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Thumb sized amount of grated ginger
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- Half a side of salmon
- Line a baking tray with enough foil to sit the salmon on and cover over the top.
- Mix together all the above ingredients and cover the salmon
- Leave to marinade in the fridge for 30 mins or overnight if you can
- Cover and place in a preheated oven 180 C/gas mark 6 for 20 mins
- Cook uncovered for a further 5 mins and then serve