One of my biggest pitfalls when it comes to eating a healthy balanced diet is portion control and my love of all things stodgy! Bread, pasta and rice in abundance are my love and something I need to try and get under control.
I had seen a few recipes for cauliflower rice in the past but had not tried it until today and I was very presently surprised. It’s light cous cous like texture was the perfect accompaniment to my spicy mince.
Spicy Mince And Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cauliflower
- 500g turkey/beef mince
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb sized piece of garlic
- 2 red chilli
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 100ml stock
- 1 onion
- Half a bag of kale
- Chop the onion and garlic and fry with a little olive oil until softened.
- Add the mince and cook until browned.
- Add the grated ginger, chopped chilli, soy sauce and stock.
- Simmer for 15/20 mins and add a little water if it begins to dry out.
- For the last 5 mins add the kale and cook until it is wilted.
- Whilst the mince is cooking take the heads from the cauliflower and place into a food processor and pulse until it is the consitincy of cous cous.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling film and pierce a couple of times.
- Cook in high for 7mins.
- Serve together with the mince.