It is more versatile than I ever thought it would be and I make all sorts of things from stews, soups and curries to cakes and fudge!
With a large family who take part in lots of activities after school being able to stick something in the slow cooker at the beginning of the day and it being ready as soon as we get in is invaluable.
A favourite with all the family is a healthy chicken and lentil curry the we serve with rice and a simple tomato and cucumber salad.
Chicken And Lentil Curry
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 4 diced chicken breasts
- 2 tbsps garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsps tomato purée
- 500ml chicken stock
- 175g red lentils
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the diced chicken and cook until browned.
- Transfer into the slow cooker and mix together with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 6 hours and serve with basmati rice and a simple cucumber, tomato and red onion salad.