Over the summer we spend the majority of time eating out of a picnic hamper. I love eating outside on the go but it can become a little boring if you don’t try out different things to add.
We had our first camping trip over the Bank Holiday and I wanted something tasty that would feed us all, take up limited space and not create lots of rubbish to throw away.
I have seen lots of breads that are filled with yummy ingredients and wanted to give it a try with all the things we love.
Here is my recipe for my ‘tear and share’ bread that was a hit with us all.
Tear And Share Picnic Bread
- 1 large loaf of tiger bread
- 2 balls of sliced mozzarella
- 120g antipasto selection platter
- 285g jar of drained and chopped chargrilled peppers
- 285g jar of drained and chopped sundried tomatoes
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 400ml mayonnaise
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp dried rosemary
- Cut 2cm slices into the tiger bread stoping just before the bottom.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, garlic and herbs and spread a generous amount into each side of the bread.
- Into each section place a mixture of meat, mozzarella cheese, peppers and tomatoes.
- Once it is all nicely filled sprinkle the top of the bread with cheddar cheese and place under the grill on a low heat for around 5 mins to melt the cheese and allow all the filling to mingle together.
- Once cooled wrap in brown paper and pack up ready for your picnic.