If we are having a bit of a lazy day over the weekend we always treat ourselves to a late breakfast that is something a little different from the usual cereal we have during the week.
I’m a continental breakfast lover and will always opt for crossaints and coffee but the rest of the family all love a cook breakfast which I hate cooking!
I seem to create a huge mess and it takes me forever to prepare.
Feeling a little experimental and with a lack of food in the house I decided the other weekend to create a one pan meal that would have some tradition English breakfast elements plus something a little spicy.
One Pan Brunch
- 150g chorizo sliced in 2cm rings
- 2 herby sausages
- 1 peeled and diced potato
- 4 eggs
- Three sliced tomatoes
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan. A cast iron one is great for presentation.
- Add the onion to the pan a fry for a few minutes until softened.
- Add to this the potato and chorizo and fry over a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add to this the tomato and herbs and cook over a low heat for for about 10 mins until the potatoes are softened.
- Lastly create four small wells in the ingredients and crack one egg into each well.
- Cook for a further 5 mins and serve with a big chunk of crusty bread.