One of my favourite gifts to make at this time of year is chocolate bark. You can use a mixture of so many different ingredients and it is completely up to you what combinations you choose.
This year I got a resounding ‘no’ when I suggested it again for teachers presents.
I took to the Internet and found a great recipe for melting snowman that I knew would change their mind.
All the recipes I found were American so lots of the ingredients were unavailable over here.
I managed to change things around a little and here is how we made them.
- 6x200g bars white chocolate with krispies
- Small amount of orange royal icing
- Black sweet beads
- Handful pretzels
- 10 rolos
- Shallow baking tray
- Grease proof paper
- Break up the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water.
- Line a baking tray with greasproof paper and spread the melted chocolate across the whole tray.
- Place a rolo side on into the chocolate to create a hat.
- Place on two black beads to make the eyes and three more for his buttons.
- Roll a small amount of icing to create a nose and place this on the chocolate too.
- Lastly break the pretzels into small strips and put onto the chocolate for the arms.
- Put the tray into the fridge and allow to harden for a few hours.
- Cut into sections and place into cellophane bags.