With only a few days left until christmas I sure that most of you are all prepared and have gifts all bought and wrapped ready to go…however if you are anything like me then there are always those last few presents that you completely forget about!
My recipe for hot chocolate stirrers will make a lovely gift and is something super easy to make.
I use wooden spoons as the handle for mine but you can easily use lolly sticks or even something like cardboard straws.
The stirrers can be wrapped individually or like we did for the teachers gifts you can add a few homemade biscuits together with the stirrers and package them up in a nice Christmas mug.
If this sounds good to you then the recipe is below for you to try:
Makes 24 sticks
- 800g mixture of dark and milk chocolate
- 8 tbsp cocoa powder
- hundreds and thousands, marshmallows or fudge pieces to decorate
- Break up the chocolate into a bowl and heat over a Bain Marie until completely melted.
- Slowly add the cocoa and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mould(we used a round ice cube tray) and into each section place the spoon/stick into the centre.
- Decorate with your toppings of choice and then place in the fridge to harden for about an hour.
- When they are ready pop them out and gift wrap however you fancy!