When it comes to household essentials I would say for us good connection to the internet is essential. My husband and I both rely on it heavily for work, the youngest two use it to watch their favourite tv shows and as for the teens well it would be like cutting off a limb if we got rid of it!
We have always opted for fibre broadband as it provides super fast connection through fibre optic connections to the copper cabling that would already be in home from existing phone lines. These cables transfer data at super high speeds and can cover a great range of distances.
It can however be a bit of a minefield when it comes to choosing a provider and there are a lot of factors to consider before you make your final decision:
- How many people using the connection – This is a big consideration for us as we have such a large number of people in the house using the internet at any given time so we need a package that can cope well with this.
- Who supplies your area – It is all well and good to pick a provider that will offer you the best service but it is essential you check to see if they cover your area as without that the deal is worthless.
- What speed do you need – Some people are happy with a slower connection time that will save them a little money wise. We however are usually on a pretty tight schedule so speed is the key for us. This also needs to be thought about if you like to download a lot of movies and tv shows as your connection needs to be able to cope with the demands of this.
- Do you want an entire entertainment package – We actually got rid of our tv entertainment package a few years ago now but a lot of people still like to have the option to have this alongside their broadband so would be something to look into if this is you.
- Budget – This should probably be ranked at the top of the list but I think all of the other options need to be thought about before you find an entire package that suits you and your family. Getting all the things you need for a good price is ultimately what most of us want and those are some great comparison sites that can do just this for you.