[AD] Lots of people in this house means lots of bums that need lots of chairs! This can be a bit of a problem sometimes and people end up sitting on the arm of chairs or the floor which isn’t comfortable for anyone.
So when Bean Bag Bazaar got in touch to try out one of there Oria Armchairs I had high hopes this was going to be a great solution to our problem.
When the bean bag arrived I was immediately impressed with the thick, water resistant fabric that the chair was made from and the grey colour was perfect to fit around pretty much any colour scheme.
The fabric in fact uses free flow technology so the beans inside can move around with ease and mould to the shape of your body.
Unlike most bean bags the Oria has a high back to lean your head against and arm rests which make it super comfortable.
We have used it outside a fair few times and due to the unpredictable wether on the UK the fact it is water resistant is a great addition if you get caught out in a shower…or when clumsy hands spill a drink!
It is super lightweight so moving it around the house isn’t a problem at all and it even has a little handle at the top of the headrest to make it even easier.
If you like what you have seen then I have a great competition running over on Instagram where you have the chance to win one of your very own! So click ‘HERE‘ to enter and good luck!
A while ago now I wrote a post about the sad decline in outdoor play and it is still something that I am very passionate about.
Getting outside has a huge number of benefits; many of which you might not have even considered:
- Boosts Mood all children have some level of stress or anxiety, even if it isn’t glowingly obvious to us as parents. By getting out into the sun they can get a boost of serotonin from the sun that will help to lift their mood and help them release some of those feel good chemicals.
- Sleep Stimulation the brain contains the pineal gland that is stimulated by the sun. This helps with promoting sleep so anything that can help induce this is a winner in my book.
- Improves Vision it has been found that children who play for extended periods outside have better distance vision than those that play inside.
- Builds Social Skills without the use of electronic stimulation or other distractions, being outside makes it easier for children to come together, socialise and make strong friendship groups.
- Builds Immunity that old favourite ‘the five second rule’ is always used in our house and I really don’t worry to much about a bit of dirt. Getting ourside and getting dirty allows the immune system to build itself which in the long term will help your little ones fight off the bigger nasties that childhood brings.
For me though the biggest benefit to outdoor play is exercise.
With obesity increasing twofold in the past decade it is down to us as parents to educate our children on the effects of exercise and try to get them into our everyday lives.
What child doesn’t love a trip to the park to jump on the play equipment and have fun.
They are having fun whist exercising and not even knowing what wonderful benefits it is having on them.
Outdoor play equipment allows children to build their gross motor skills, promote well being, build self confidence and put in those foundations for healthy living habits for life.
What do you do to get your little ones out in the great outdoors?
We were all so excited to get some snow this weekend even if it was short lived. We visited a beautiful place that I always visited as a child and had hours of fun!