Hot dogs are always something that most children will eat and are so quick and easy to prepare.
I decided using a couple of great Quorn products to create a vegetarian chilli dog that allows you to sneak a few veggies into one of their favourite foods.
Quorn Chilli Dogs
- Pack Quorn sausages
- Pack Quorn mince
- 4 brioche hotdog buns
- 1 chopped red onion
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tbsps tomato purée
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 and then begin to fry the onion and garlic in a large saucepan with a little olive oil for a few minutes until softened.
- Next add the red pepper and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Add to this the spices and and allow to release the flavours for a few minutes.
- Add the Quorn mince, tomatoes, tomato purée, kidney beans, stock cube, water and oregano and allow to simmer for 20 mins.
- Whist the chilli is cooking place the Quorn sausages into the oven for 15 mins.
- Once the sausages are cooked remove from the oven and place inside the brioche buns and top with the chilli.
- Serve with a portion of skinny fries and a mini corn on the cob.
With a large family I love nothing more than a big dish that can be quickly popped into the oven and ready in a short time for us all to enjoy.
This dish was originally made with chicken, but I have easily replaced with Quorn pieces or steak strips and it tastes just as good, if not better!
Quorn, Broccoli And Leek Cheesy Bake
- Pack Quorn steak strips
- 2 medium sliced leeks
- Head of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsps plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 60g butter
- 125g cheddar cheese
- 20g Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas Mark 6. Place the broccoli florets into a pan of boiling water whilst lightly frying the sliced leeks in a little butter.
- Once the leeks are golden brown and the broccoli is slightly softened put to one side and prepare the cheese sauce.
- For the sauce melt the butter in a large saucepan. Once melted whisk in the flour to make a roux.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk in the milk.
- Place back on the heat to cook out the flour until it begins to bubble.
- Remove from the heat again and stir in the cheese and mustard.
- Once the cheese has melted in add the Quorn slices, leeks and broccoli and mix well.
- Transfer to a deep dish and put to one side whist blitzing the slices of bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese into the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of your mixture.
- Place into the oven and cook for 20 mins and serve with a big salad of your choice.